Monday, December 17, 2012

I have been surviving a long distance relationship for 4 years!

I met the guy almost 6 years ago and now we have been married 1.5 years. How long have we been living together? Difficult question, at the beginning it was 3 months in a row because that is what a tourist visa allows you to stay in the EU. But when he moved to Greenland we started to ask for my permission to stay longer so let´s say we have been living together in a row for 2.5 years with some time apart when I visit my family in my country. 

So I have been surviving a long distance relationship for 4 years!  and I still do it when I travel outside Greenland, like right now that I came to my country to spend X-mas with my family.

Technology is a great tool, but it can also be frustrating to check your emails (almost too much) to see if you have received something from your love. I need to accept that I have an addiction for checking my emails or look into the skype list to see if he is online. Yesterday I received an sms telling me that he was on his way home, meaning time for chatting :) but I was having food with my family. When I finally got online I had an email where he wrote that he was very tired and considering going to sleep but that he was taking the computer to bed. So I got online and he was "available" in the chat... but he never answered... he was sleeping. The day before that he also got online at night but after chatting 1 minute he told me that he was very tired and going to sleep! We have been apart 1 week now and we haven´t been able to have a nice conversation. One week is not bad but I fear that the situation is going to be the same for the rest of our time apart.

Now I am trying a new thing. I have read that setting up "online dates" is good for the long distance relationship. So I am going to try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment